Tab Locking Die Set Tutorial
This set features two dies:
A tab border, 5.5" wide, with markings for a 4 1/4" card and a slot die
You can use the slot die once, and "lock" the card by inserting the tab into the slot. This style of locking gives the card an elegant and unique look. Another option is to use the slot die twice.
1) You'll need a 10 5/8" x 5.5" piece of cardstock.
2) Align and place the tab border die at the 5.5" edge of your card stock. Secure it with tape and run it through your cutting machine.
3) Remove the die, and the tab shaped edge is ready.
4) Score your cardstock at 2.5" and again at 6 3/4" and fold it.
Now let's die cut the slots:
5) Secure your cardstock with tape so it doesn't move.
6) Use a pencil to mark the midpoint at 2 3/4" at the other 5.5" edge.
7) Align the slot die to the cardstock's edge using the die's notch. Secure it with tape, and run it through your cutting machine.
8) Erase the pencil marking. If you prefer the one slot locked card style option- then it's ready.
9) For a card with two slots' locking style, simply repeat the process.
Now you can choose between two locking options:
10) Insert the tab into the first slot from inside, and then go back in through the second slot. This way the tab is invisible, and you get a very elegant card closure.
11) Insert the tab into the first slot from the outside, and then go back out through the second slot. This way the tab is visible, and you get a "clutch purse" closure style.